Why Rush a Fraternity?
- Nationally, fraternity members acquire grade point averages above all other college men's scholastic rankings.
- Nationally, fraternity members have an overall higher graduation rate than non-Greeks. Seventy-one percent of all fraternity men persist to graduation while only 50 percent of all non-fraternity members graduate.
- All but two U.S. presidents since 1825 have been fraternity men, and 63 percent of the U.S. presidents' cabinet members since 1900 have been fraternity men .
- Studies show that 76 percent of Congress, 71 percent of the men listed in "Who's Who in America," and 85 percent of the Fortune 500 executives belong to a fraternity.
- Since 1910, 85 percent of the Supreme Court justices have been Greek.
- Greeks contribute innumerable community service hours and contributions to local and national charities annually.
Source: Oklahoma University web server